Monday, July 30, 2012

Basic Tea Biscuit Recipe



Sorry about the bad photos, at the time I was taking pictures of the teddy bears (which I made (called Doom Bears)) so I wasn't focusing on the tea biscuits!

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup shortening/butter
  • 3/4 cup milk


Directions

  1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. 
  2. mix shortening/butter in until mixture has a crumb-like texture. 
  3. Stir in milk with a fork to make a soft dough. Knead 8 to 10 times, and then roll out to a thickness of at least 1/2 inch. (the dough may feel dry, this is fine. If the dough is too dry then you can add more milk as necessary)
  4. Cut into rounds with a cookie or biscuit cutter (I use the rim of a small glass cup instead). Place on cookie sheet.
  5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes on 400 degrees F. Serve warm.



Like I said in the title, they're very basic. They're sort of a mixture between a pastry and a loaf of bread. I love to eat them plain, or with jam or butter..Sometimes I'll put a glob of icing on them.

I'm planning on posting a more sweet, desert-like tea biscuit recipe (when I get back from my trip) that an aunt of mine emailed to me which turned out quite good, so keep reading!~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment